Secondly, I looked at the number of recipes and photos waiting on my computer, waiting impatiently for their debut on here, and came to a conclusion - updating this thing three times a week isn't cutting it. I'll have to do more posts...at least until I catch up. Perhaps a post each weekday? We'll see; sometimes life is busy.
I seriously love sharing my recipes on here with y'all. One of my favorite things in the world to do is cook for other people. Since my family is rather small (just my husband, daughter and I) this blog is a fabulous way for me to feel like I'm cooking for a large group of people. And that makes me happy. Whenever I go back home to visit my ever growing family of 8 siblings, 2 sister-in-laws, 2 nephews, and my parents, I insist on cooking at least one meal because seeing a room filled with people enjoying my cooking is a beautiful thing. I'm smiling just thinking about it.
Third, here's a list of a few recipes I want to create and blog about in the near future:
- A magical burger involving caramelized onions, radicchio, and gouda. And maybe figs...if I can find fresh ones in my small town. And maybe bacon. Oh the possibilities creating a burger presents!
- Molten Mocha Cakes. Because nothing is better than gooey chocolate, right?
- Brown Rice Risotto. A healthier version of that delicious rice dish.
- Chicken in Orange Sauce - a result of reading Julia Childs' cookbook on my flight to Seattle.
- Chicken & Waffles. Savory meets sweet in a delightful way that I have yet to experience but have tons of ideas for.
- Ratatouille Cups, just because they would be cute.
Help! The list is getting longer by the day.
Do any of those sound good to you? Which one should I make first?
Tomorrow I'll post a yummy recipe to help celebrate the Chinese New Year - eggrolls! Excuse me while I go salivate in a very un-ladylike manner. Goodness.