Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Quick Tip: Soggy No More


I have to admit that I'm not a huge mushroom fan. I love the flavor of them but can't stand the texture. Which is why I heart truffle oil.

But anyhow, every so often I cook with mushrooms because both my husband and daughter love mushrooms.

If you're also a mushroom aficionado - DON'T RINSE YOUR MUSHROOMS! 

Rinsing mushrooms causes them to soak up excess moisture and become a bit soggy. And who wants a soggy mushroom? Not me. Also, if and when mushrooms get soggy, they can't brown properly so rinsing them kinda screws them up all around.


Instead, just gently wipe off your mushrooms with a damp paper towel. They'll get nice and squeaky clean without messing up your dinner.

And you can cook them up to your heart's content.

1 comment:

  1. How did I not know this? I always rise and gently scrub my 'shroomies. No longer!
    Thanks. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback from y'all and try my best to respond to as many questions as possible.