So...it's kinda my birthday today.
I've been looking forward to this day for months because I was inspired to spend my birthday finding ways to bless others with random acts of kindness throughout the day. Ever since I decided to do that, I've been as excited as a chunky kid in a candy store.
I would love it so very very much if you would help me celebrate by doing a Random Act of Kindness (or two or three!) today. Seriously. That would make my day. And by day, I mean "year."
Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish today:
(I'll update this weekend and let y'all know how the day went!)
- Put bookmarks with encouraging notes to my students on their desks first thing
- Buy the person behind me a drink at Starbucks
- Donate to one of the food banks in town
- Bring a hot chai tea to the school secretary
- Donate books
- Iron a week's worth of shirts for the husband
- Read an entire chapter book to Lillian
- Tip the server extra big at dinner
- Pass out mylar balloons to kiddos
- Leave a Target a giftcard in the kids toy section
- Donate crafty/coloring items to the children's clinic at the hospital
- Drop off a tasty treat at the husband's office
- Say something positive to everyone I encounter all day long
- Take cookies to Harper's awesome daycare staff (and munchkins!)
- Leave a giftcard in the food section of the Dollar Store
- Give chocolates to the school's janitors with notes of appreciation
- Send real notes to a few friends
- Give Safeway grocery cards to random shoppers as they enter the store
- Leave happy notes on the windshields of cars in a parking lot
- Return someone's shopping cart...or two or three or four
I'm hoping more opportunities will present themselves throughout the day. If you decide to do a RAK to help me celebrate, I would love it if you would leave me a comment on here or Facebook and let me know what you did.
Have the best day!